Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks: Random Rambling

I love Thanksgiving week.

The hustle-bustle. The excitement.

I love the preparation and list making.

I love giving the kids a modified school schedule, requiring only History and Literature reading to be completed. Its a holiday hall-pass...for them....for me.

I'm looking forward to the games we'll play, the birthday we'll celebrate (The Mister is the man of the month) and the Turkey-Time Tolkien Trilogy Tradition.

(Say that three-times, fast.)

Yes, we'll start on Tuesday with The Lord of the Rings and watch a movie each night. However I'm not one to waste nine precious hours just sitting. While Frodo carries the ring to Mordor, I will be crocheting Christmas gifts and sipping coffee and tea.

(I guess now would be the time to tell you: I love alliteration.)

Speaking of crochet...


I finished my poncho project this weekend and to say I have poncho pride would be precise.

(Nothing says "pride" like posting pics with wet hair and no make-up)



Ok, I'll stop and move on now....

I'm thankful that in spite of the bloggers-block I am currently facing you continue to read! Thank you!

I hope to blog this week, but it might not happen since The Mister will be home and the festivities will be in full-swing.

I pray you have a blessed Thanksgiving...filled with all the things and people you love.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Hey there. Gorgeous poncho! Well, I am sorry to have abandoned my bloggy reading for so long, but I am back. I'll try to catch up, but I'll most likely just move forward with the reading and posting.

Be sure to stop by and check out my blogoversary giveaway...a family tree necklace!
http://scoopofreality.blogspot.com/2010/11/blogoversary-giveaway-family-tree.html

Sandy M. said...

You have the fastest fingers I know! That would have taken me a year (IF I even knew how to crochet)!
You might want to delete the previous comment.... I don't read German, but I don't think it's "nice comments" they left.

Anonymous said...

ohh my word that poncho is awesome!! very fun! I taught myself how to knit this weekend.. and I might say I am quite proud.. I have only mastered knitting and pearling in rows.. but I am getting some circular needles and will work on a hat very soon :-)

I love the turkey day Tolkien trilogy tradition!! How fun! Have a great thanksgiving week!!

Amy said...

Captivating crocheted cream capelet! You sure can crank out the projects! I love keeping my hands busy while watching a movie, too. Enjoy your week and Thanksgiving

Gretchen said...

Enjoy the wonderful week! Hugs! (Miss you, so let's get together soon!)

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I don't crochet, or knit, or anything else having to do with making things, but that poncho? It's amazing!!!