Wednesday, November 10, 2010

10 on the 10th: Thanksgiving Style

I've missed participating in the Life at 7000 Feet: 10 on the 10th carnival for many months. This month I'm jumping in with Meredith and giving thanks ten times over.



1. I'm thankful that I'm sipping coffee with Peppermint Mocha Creamer...even though this goes against two creamer rules: the "only-drink-peppermint-in-December" rule; and the "would-be-better-if-it-was-fat-free" rule.  I'm living on the edge.

2. I'm thankful that The Mister didn't kill me yesterday when he found out I hadn't done the one-thing he asked me to do in mid-September and then reminded me to do sometime around my birthday, but let's not get into specifics ...the result was getting a cable bill with three months of charges on it.

3. I'm thankful that the nice cable man generously waived those expensive and ridiculous denied credit card fee's when I told him that his help would save a poor scatterbrained housewife from living in the proverbial dog house over night what had happened.

4. I am thankful that three months ago, when our credit card was breached, our bank found it quickly and took care of everything (including canceling the old number and issuing a new) so it would not happen again.

5. I am thankful none of our other bills are paid via credit card...otherwise we might not have had the electricity to participate in the 10 on the 10th.

(5.5- everyone in this household is thankful I don't do the billing around here.)

6. I am thankful that we will share our Thanksgiving meal with friends.

7. I am thankful that Becky is making the homemade stuffing this year...I am thankful that she didn't even bat an eyelash in horror when I told her I usually make Stove Top.

8. I am thankful for the season of fall in North Carolina.

9. I am thankful for the excitement of preparing to have an Arizona Christmas.

10. I am thankful for what I read this morning in Jer 31:3-4

“I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
I will build you up again,"
 

I'd love to know what you are thankful for today. And thanks, Meredith, for letting me play!

9 comments:

Blue Skies said...

Lots of good things to be thankful for!
I've decided that auto payments on any kind of card are a bad idea! After having my account drafted after the business agreement was terminated a few times I've gone to auto payment straight from my bank on my initiative. Aren't bills yucky?!

Anonymous said...

yum love that creamer too! What a great thanksgiving you guys have planned :)

Rebecca said...

My favorite creamer too! I also love pumpkin spice. Yum!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I heart you, Kellie. I'm going to sit here right now and get caught up on your blog.

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I am thankful for the chilly mornings that warm up into beautiful days.

And an Arizona christmas?? Definitely give me a call!

Rae said...

I was so excited to find the Peppermint Mocha at the grocery store last night!!!! I was a little sad to see I would be having 35 extra calories....but I thin it will be worth it!! :)

Amy said...

Your cable bill mishap made me smile. Glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late but I am thankful for the 10 special people who will be together at Christmas at my house!!
Love you and can't wait!
Mom

Gretchen said...

Peppermint Mocha is my all time fave flavor. I think we should write letters insisting on a fat free version. ;)