I've missed participating in the Life at 7000 Feet: 10 on the 10th carnival for many months. This month I'm jumping in with Meredith and giving thanks ten times over.
1. I'm thankful that I'm sipping coffee with Peppermint Mocha Creamer...even though this goes against two creamer rules: the "only-drink-peppermint-in-December" rule; and the "would-be-better-if-it-was-fat-free" rule. I'm living on the edge.
2. I'm thankful that The Mister didn't kill me yesterday when he found out I hadn't done the one-thing he asked me to do in mid-September and then reminded me to do sometime around my birthday, but let's not get into specifics ...the result was getting a cable bill with three months of charges on it.
3. I'm thankful that the nice cable man generously waived those expensive and ridiculous denied credit card fee's when I told him that his help would save a poor scatterbrained housewife from living in the proverbial dog house over night what had happened.
4. I am thankful that three months ago, when our credit card was breached, our bank found it quickly and took care of everything (including canceling the old number and issuing a new) so it would not happen again.
5. I am thankful none of our other bills are paid via credit card...otherwise we might not have had the electricity to participate in the 10 on the 10th.
(5.5- everyone in this household is thankful I don't do the billing around here.)
6. I am thankful that we will share our Thanksgiving meal with friends.
7. I am thankful that Becky is making the homemade stuffing this year...I am thankful that she didn't even bat an eyelash in horror when I told her I usually make Stove Top.
8. I am thankful for the season of fall in North Carolina.
9. I am thankful for the excitement of preparing to have an Arizona Christmas.
10. I am thankful for what I read this morning in Jer 31:3-4
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
I will build you up again,"
I'd love to know what you are thankful for today. And thanks, Meredith, for letting me play!