Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Giving Thanks....




Do you remember when I made this banner a couple of years ago and I misspelled 'thanks'? There's a picture of it if you click here.

This month I hope to Give Thanks here on the blog.

I'll do two today (since my day got away from me yesterday).

1. I'm thankful for 7th Grade Algebra.

No really.

It is stretching my mind and building character within me; and its improving my relationship with my son. I am learning to be patient; learning that it's OK to teach from a place of weakness.

My son is learning to extend grace, and that even old moms should never stop striving to be teachable  (although that takes a GREAT DEAL of prayer to do so.)


2. I'm thankful for new friends.

It's been said that God brings people in your life for a reason, a season, and/or a lifetime.

From the soccer field, the co-op, the church, the bookstore, the Girl Scouts, the basketball court, the gym, and all places in between, I've had the pleasure to meet some amazing women. I don't know if these will be "seasonal" or "lifetime" friends, but I am grateful either way.

If the mood strikes, I would love to hear what you are thankful for as the month of November marches on.

Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo love this activity for the month! You want to know something weird about me... I love alegebra.. like I took it as an elective in collage for an easy course.. I know its weird! Love that its teaching you too!

Today I am thankful I didn't eat yesterday.. I will leave it I am having some non contagious stomach issues

Sandy said...

I'm thankful for ... blogging! It has brought new friends into my life (like you!) & given me greater insight into friends I already had, even reconnected me w/friends from the past with whom I'd lost connection.

Lauren H said...

I'm thankful for this new babe I'm carrying in my belly. Obviously this little one is in God's plan since he/she wasn't in ours. :-) It's still very early and I'm hoping and praying that he/she is healthy.

Shhh though....it's not "Facebook" official yet! :-)

Carpool Queen said...

I'm thankful I know Lauren's secret - hee hee.

I'm thankful for new hobbies that make me feel good.

Sandy said...

I'm thankful to know Lauren's secret too... (do I know Lauren?)

Gretchen said...

Not blogging, but need to do this on FB. Never a day that should go w/o thanksgiving. Truly. I just happen to forget sometimes. So...November's a mighty awesome reminder.

But really...couldn't God just remove Algebra from the equation of life? :)

Sara said...

Hi Kelly! I'm so happy to have found your blog, through Elisa! I love all of you crafting ideas. When I return to NC we will have to plan regular craft/coffee/girl talk gatherings!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm thankful for you, but unlike you I'm not quite ready to admit thankfulness for Algebra.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I think I'm caught up on your blog now. Had to come back and tell you that I'm SUPER thankful for a pop-up comment box and no word verification at coffeegal.blogspot.com THANK YOU!!!!