Friday, November 12, 2010

Giving Thanks: Fall In North Carolina

I've got a full and fun day ahead of me so I thought I'd have a blogging breakfast this morning.

Before I give thanks about the fall let me first say I'm thankful for the Pumpkin Yeast Bread recipe I found yesterday. It makes excellent toast.



I've written this before (and said it in real-life a thousand times)...I love the fall.


I've always loved the fall season, but growing up in the desert I never really appreciated the spectacular show that comes on cue in places where the tree leaves really change. I didn't know that smells change too, and the "feeling" of fall isn't just a cool breeze and pumpkin bread.



Fall is the beautiful time when world around me begins to slow down and prepare for the winter that is to come.

So this morning I am thankful for the sights and smells, and lessons, that come with the changing of season.


6 comments:

Tiffanie said...

I LOVE the pictures & so can appreciate what you have said! Where did you find the recipe? That sounds great!

Sandy said...

You KNOW I love me some fall!
The bread sounds yummy....

Gretchen said...

Me TOO!!!!!
Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I love fall as well :-)

Carpool Queen said...

I think this has been the prettiest fall in the 10 years we've lived in NC.

(And I'll be making the pumpkin bread this week, thank you very much!)

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

I am backwards... I grew up with the fall around me, and now I'm in the desert!

And I miss it so...


;)