Friday, June 18, 2010

Random thoughts from Kellie's Brain...(5th ed. with links)

In the last 24 hours I have been to our local library eight times.

Since Monday I have been there fourteen times.

Just thought you might want to know. (How's that for random?)

Last week I said I would make my Friday posts short and sweet, and start linking up to other blogs or articles I have found interesting. So here they are:

#1 - For my peanut butter/chocolate fans I give you this exciting bit o' news. I am already wondering what wonderful Christmas morsels will be made with these babies...of course, when I find them I will certainly test them, for blogging purposes of course.

#2 - What are you doing for Father's Day? I am going to make my husband grill his own supper (he thinks fire and meat is the perfect holiday), while I set the table using these. I figure that eating hamburgers and potato chips will seem so fancy with fun folded napkins.

#3 What? Are there people out there who don't brush their teeth twice a day?

#3 - For three years I have said that I will make these Tote-able Towels. This may just be the year....

#4 - In five years of blogging, I had a "first" today. I was "recognized" at the gym by another mom. "Recognized" might be stretching it a bit because when we lived here the first time, her girls attended the school where I taught music. I had never met her before, but I did remember her sweet baby (who is a big girl now!)

She let me know that she had recently read my blog (she found it through a mutual friend on Facebook). She told me that she had been encouraged by a recent post. I was so glad she told me... and I have been thinking about it all day.

Why?

Well, because in my haste to get ready to go this morning I had accidently grabbed an old pair of yoga pants that have shrunk through too many washings (to say I looked ready for a flood would be an understatement.)

I hadn't showered and my eyebrows haven't been waxed in forever. Having just finished a very sweaty Zumba class, I was headed into another weight lifting class looking, well, sweaty.

In the grand scheme of things, I was not at my best.

Or was I?

It is my greatest desire to keep things real here. To be an encourager to those who walk the same road as a mother, a wife, a friend... a woman.

Every blogger hopes that that day will come when some "stranger" tells you they read your blog. You hope that it doesn't happen when you are in grocery store screaming at your kids, or when you've just walked out of the doctors office after a pap smear.

But those things are authentic, they're real. At least they are in my life.

I'm grateful that I could experience that moment in authenticity, because at the end of the day, its not about me.

So if you are a reader, and you happen to see me screaming at my kids in the frozen food isle, come on over and say "Hi!"

You'll totally make my day.

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I love authenticity. It sometimes scares me because I know not everyone loves it as much as I do. But when it's real -- Baby, those moments are the foundation of true friendship and growth.

Gretchen said...

You're inspiring me to blog again. And reminding me to get your napkins done (by gettIng Soe's tension fixed) & sending them off to you. It's only been 2 months since Earth Day.

For the record, you are an amazingly authentic encourager for me. I couldn't be more honored to call you my friend.

And I might try zumba next week. Lord help me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I bet you still looked cute.. because your you! Off to check out the candy :-)

Amber said...

I'm all about some realness, too.

And I've been told about my blog in the middle of a sweaty Zumba class, too. Very humbling. Very very humbling.

Sandy said...

Tanya made the exact comment that I was thinking: I love authenticity! And it is becoming more & more rare. We try to keep a facade that says, "I have it all together," when actually few of us do.
It is encouraging to hear from a reader that they have been encouraged/stimulated/challenged or whatever by reading your blog, & you do that for so many of us.

lornamorris said...

I am also agree with you that Tanya has said the truth that most of us are thinking. It is really interesting article that you have made so people like to read it and can get inspiration.
yoga clothing

O Mom said...

You encourage me all the time!

And that last line....so funny!!