Sunday, May 31, 2009

I am feeling the need to post something so that the last post is over...Yuck!

As I type it's around 2:15 in the afternoon. I am sitting in Gate D32 at the Detroit airport. I am sipping a vanilla latte and eating a peice of homemade coconut poundcake (made by Marie, my hostess with mostest).

It was a fantastic weekend...full of laughter, pedicures, What Not to Wear, and most of all a good chunk of time with a dear friend.

In about an hour i wil be in Chicago-both farther and closer to the place I call home.

This is one of the best parts of being away...the excitement of going back to the people i love the most.

(People watching at the airport is so fun.)

Oh my flight is boarding already! Gotta go!

6 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

Can't wait to have you back!

stephanie j. said...

Glad it was a great trip. But YOU BROUGHT YOUR LAPTOP WITH YOU!? You are such a dedicated blogger, Kel :)

Amber said...

So glad you had a great trip!!!!

And I LOVE TO PEOPLE WATCH!!! So much fun!

Anonymous said...

oo glad to hear you had a good trip.. and glad to see the other post move down the page a little.. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend and glad you're eating pound cake. It's one of my favorites. Don't know that I've ever had coconut-flavored but it sure sounds yummy. I hope you got some refreshment and some recharging. Welcome home.

meh said...

Hey girl, thanks for visiting the mitten. I went ahead and posted that recipe on my blog today (biding my time, if anyone else is interested). Look at it and see if you have the ingredients right. I think I figured out why your doesn't taste like mine...do you use 2% milk and do you use the butter or do you subsitute healthy alternatives? Anyways, enjoy being back home sweet home!