Sunday, May 31, 2009

I am feeling the need to post something so that the last post is over...Yuck!

As I type it's around 2:15 in the afternoon. I am sitting in Gate D32 at the Detroit airport. I am sipping a vanilla latte and eating a peice of homemade coconut poundcake (made by Marie, my hostess with mostest).

It was a fantastic weekend...full of laughter, pedicures, What Not to Wear, and most of all a good chunk of time with a dear friend.

In about an hour i wil be in Chicago-both farther and closer to the place I call home.

This is one of the best parts of being away...the excitement of going back to the people i love the most.

(People watching at the airport is so fun.)

Oh my flight is boarding already! Gotta go!


Carpoolqueen said...

Can't wait to have you back!

stephanie j. said...

Glad it was a great trip. But YOU BROUGHT YOUR LAPTOP WITH YOU!? You are such a dedicated blogger, Kel :)

Amber said...

So glad you had a great trip!!!!

And I LOVE TO PEOPLE WATCH!!! So much fun!

Lindsay said...

oo glad to hear you had a good trip.. and glad to see the other post move down the page a little.. ;-)

whimzie said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend and glad you're eating pound cake. It's one of my favorites. Don't know that I've ever had coconut-flavored but it sure sounds yummy. I hope you got some refreshment and some recharging. Welcome home.

meh said...

Hey girl, thanks for visiting the mitten. I went ahead and posted that recipe on my blog today (biding my time, if anyone else is interested). Look at it and see if you have the ingredients right. I think I figured out why your doesn't taste like you use 2% milk and do you use the butter or do you subsitute healthy alternatives? Anyways, enjoy being back home sweet home!