Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fourteen Years


5,110 days ago I married The Mister. 


And he, amazingly, married me. 

We aren't the same people we were when we walked down that long isle dressed in our prettiest clothes. 

Little did we know that those fine clothes and happy smiles would be tested and torn. The dresses of white often become dusty and flowers quickly fade. 

We also didn't know that there would be days of feasts, and days of famine. There would be big decisions and harder choices. 

There would be dying to self, and experiencing the closest thing to Love that we can know this side of heaven. 

The Mister and I spent our first summer together as friends. Just holding hands, walking and talking. The next summer we were engaged. The next, married.

We have spent 14 years, holding hands, being friends. Walking a road that has exercised our hearts in ways we never imagined. 

Every blessed day has been totally worth it.

We've fallen into a great place in marriage where are content with who we are, who we've become, and who we consistently struggle to be. 

It hasn't always been easy, but it has been so very good. 

To my sweet Mister~ Thank you for lavishly loving me. For sparing no expense when it comes to your heart. 

I love laughing with you, working with you, playing with you. 

Most of all, I like living life with you.

I pray that next year on this day I will look back and say that I know you, and love you, more than I do today.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww such a sweet post. I love that you figured out how many days it was :-)

Tiffani said...

Lovely Bride!!!

Happy Anniversary to you and The Mister!!!

It just gets sweeter every year doesn't it??!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Kellie. Happy Anniversary to you and The Mister. I hope your best years are still in front of you.

LJ said...

I hope your anniversary was as sweet as you post. You were a beautiful bride then and you're still a beautiful now!

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary!!

Woman Interrupted said...

Such a sweet picture. Just kids back then, huh?

Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more years together.

Farming On Faith said...

You are very blessed. Happy Anniversary!
The best is yet to be.....
Blessings~
Carrie

Carpool Queen said...

So glad I could share this day with you!!! Since I've already wished you a Happy Anniversary, I'll just say you make awesome cookies. The Mister is very lucky to be living with someone who bakes so fabulously.

Gretchen said...

Not only that, CPQ, but he's lucky to be married to someone who looks so cute in all her apron finery.

Happy, happy, day, Kellie. So thrilled for you both.

Sindhu said...

This is an amazingly endearing post. :)

Happened to stumble upon your blog. You have a great place here - keep up the good work!

Megan O. said...

Happy Anniversary! I love what you wrote. Only Christ can accomplish what He has in your marriage. Hope you have had a great day celebrating.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Happy Anniversary! This was such a sweet post!

Charity said...

Aw, happy anniversary! You look soo young in your wedding picture!

Anonymous said...

You were a lovely bride, but I must say that you are more lovely today. I am so thankful for your thoughtful ways, your kind heart, and depth of love. I love you more with every passing day.

Sincerely yours,

The Mister

The Gochis Family said...

Hey...the mister posted!!! :) If he posts, I have to post! :) Happy Anniversary to two of my favortie people in the world. I love you both and I am so thankful for your friendship. Kellie, thanks for meeting me last night. I loved our mini-reunion. Happy Anniversary! Cheryl

Jackie said...

Happy Anniversary, Kellie! You were a stunning bride - and you are still that same very gorgeous lady!

Tanya said...

Happy anniversary!!

Carpool Queen said...

Had to come back to read The Mister's comment. And it made me misty.

Michele said...

Happy late Anniversary! What sweet and precious words you and The Mister have for one another. Isn't God so good and so gracious to give us things none of us deserve in this life here on earth? Truly happy marriages are certainly not a majority in our society. . . but I'm so very glad you have such a wonderful Mister!!! Again, Happy Anniversary!

Allison said...

What a sweet post! You were a gorgeous bride!

Darcie - Such The Spot said...

Happy belated anniversary. I hope it just keeps on getting better...

Rae said...

Such a beautiful bride!!! Happy Anniversary!

P.S. Your hubby's comment is soooooo sweet!!!!!