Sunday, February 04, 2007

On Being Seven



I may have found someone who enjoys her birthday more than I enjoy mine.

At 5:15 a.m. I felt a little tap on my shoulder.

She hadn't slept well. She couldn't stop thinking about her birthday. Could she wake everybody up so we could get this party started?

I made her wait until 7:30. Then I just couldn't take it anymore. I had been hiding that Easy Bake Oven my Mom sent to her for over a week. I just had to see her open it.

Yes, the big excitement this year. A child's toy that involves packaged treats and cooks with a light bulb. Ah! Nostalgia!




Actually, now-a-days the Easy Bake Oven has an actual heating element tucked inside it's pink and purple plastic casing. Which makes it considerably smaller than the one i had as a child. But the cookies taste the same.

Exactly. The. Same.

As I mentioned, this was a purchase by Grannie-the-Spoiler. And she didn't stop with just the oven, but chose the oven with more cookie/cake/brownie mixes to feed several third world countries.

I feel slightly guilty because The Girl decided that she should make cookies for our neighbor. I hate to do that to her. She has two college aged daughters so she has already lived through the Easy Bake years.

Posted by Picasa


Sweet Bee,

I love celebrating your birthday and I promise to do exactly what Grannie did all those years ago...eat all those delicious treats you make with a smile. Like it's the best thing (cooked with a light bulb) I have ever tasted.

0 comments: