Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Now I've Heard It All

This morning as a pre-Valentine's treat I accidentally decided to try the new Cinnamon Dolce Latte at Starbucks.

It was good. Very Good.

Normally I would order a Non-fat Vanilla Latte, but today I got distracted. The woman in front of me ordered a Vanilla Latte, half caf, no foam, non fat, one pump, (and this I had never heard before): Tall, in a Grande cup.

What?

Tall, in a Grande cup? Is that allowed?

And why? Why would she do such a thing?

I sat there pondering this great dilemma: Will it confuse the barrista to receive a Grande cup but have to make a Tall? How does she know know when to stop pouring? Does this customer get just a bit more? Does the extra space allow for quicker cooling? Allows the coffee to breath? Is it because she likes the feel of the Grande in the hand, but can't handle all the caffeine? She ordered non fat, perhaps she is on a diet and is trying fool herself....she really wants a Grande but is practicing portion control? Or is it the cost? Does she add cream and so she needs the extra room?

Maybe, just maybe, she's on to something I don't know. Maybe the latte tastes better in a larger cup?

I was so curious to know why she had made such a crazy request that I forgot it was my turn. When the Starbucks guy looked at me I quickly said "Grande, non fat Cinnamon Dolce Latte, please" and surprised myself.

La Vida Dulce!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Cinnamon Dolce Latte (one pump)!!!! And you know those coffee drinkers - they are pretty high maintenance! The Grande cup is probably the only one that will fit in the cup holder of her BMW SUV!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! And now I want to go to Starbucks and get one! Thank goodness they are up here in the frozen tundra.