Saturday, June 03, 2006

True Confessions

I have a confession to make:

I think I might be a plant killer.

My garden isn't doing well after a hail storm we had a few weeks back. My tomato plant got over watered and wasn't in a pot that drained well. The three potted plants I got for Teacher Appreciation day are slowly fading (even though I am watering them) and a Rosemary plant given to me by a friend is looking a bit sad. I even planted grass seed in he Spring that hasn't grown very well.

I am not sure I am cut out for the caring of plants. Although I would really like to add "Amazing Gardner" to my list of talents I am not sure it's going to work.

I had such great dreams of homegrown salads and of graciously (and yet very humbly) taking my fruits and veggies to neighbors and friends and nodding demurely as they compliment my gardening abilities. The conversations would sound something like this: "Why Kellie, I have never seen such beautiful fruits and veggies...however do you do it"....But I digress.

I am a plant killer and I think I might have to resort to buying my fruits and vegetable this summer like everybody else.

Bummer.

0 comments: