Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy 1st Official Day of Summer

It's the first day of summer and it couldn't be better.

Yesterday I went to the gym with my sis-in-law. Her gym has these classes that are fun but are T-O-U-G-H! But with names like BodyAttack and BodyPump you wouldn't expect them to be easy. Let's just say that when I finished the Attack class on Saturday it felt good...But the rest of the day felt exactly like it did the day I ran a 10k...Tired and sluggish. Yesterday I did the Pump class which is "Resistance to Rhythm", meaning you lift weights to music until you think you are going to die, and then you wake up in the morning and can't bring your own coffee cup to your mouth because your muscles are screaming in pain.

Today I spent some time in my mother's real estate office doing some admin work for her and then I took the kids out side for several hours of swimming, popsicle eating and sun bathing. And although I used enough sunscreen to cover a small army I still got a bit of burn on my back (the perils of being 30). So my back has that sunburn itching that for now has to be ignored...Because the soreness of yesterdays work out doesn't allow for reaching around to scratch one's sunburned back.

But even a sunburn can't get me down on a beautiful summer day in the desert. As I type the first monsoon storm of the season is blowing in and doing it's best to look threatening. But there is something awesome about rain in the desert in the middle of summer and I say: Bring It On!

Below are a few pictures of the mountains as they anticipate a good summer drink.

La Vida Dulce!

0 comments: