Monday, April 04, 2011

Spring Fever


I really should be teaching my kids grammar right now.

Obviously, this is not the case.

In my defense, its a beautiful, warm (nearly 83 degrees as I type) and the kids asked to out outside. Honestly, at this time of the year, its really hard for me to motivate them because I am not motivated to stay indoors either.

This afternoon I was in a dilemma. The kids were finished with all other subjects, and this last lesson was dependent on me.

I could make them come in to learn the *whole system and structure of a language, or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology (including inflections) and sometimes also phonology and semantics.


Or I could let them play (since tomorrow looks like rain) and hope that when they goes to college they're learned to speak good... in spite of their mom's spring fever.

I'll take my chances. Let 'em play.






*Thank you Google search on "what is grammar?".

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Definitely the best choice! They'll learn them thar grammar thangs..
But you made memories that no one else can! I couldn't stay inside today either!

Tracey said...

It just ain't right to stay indoors when it feels so good outside..'specially to do grammar. ;)