Tuesday, April 19, 2011

For a Friend

I am currently in a fight with Blogger over posting a video on How to Make Origami Bunnies. For two days I have tried to get it to upload and it won't.

As a result, I am having to upload the video to YouTube, which in general I don't like to do.

Hopefully that video and tutorial will be up shortly, otherwise you'll have to make bunnies next week, and really, origami bunnies are more fun before Easter.

However, when looking at my youtube account, I found a video long forgotten.

About a year ago I had my guitar out and recorded myself playing one of my favorite songs: If I Stand by Fernando Ortega. I had uploaded it along with several other videos and forgot about it. To be honest I had actually recorded it for a birthday gift for friend, and then chickened out at the last minute, sending a quilt instead.

This morning when I listened to it I immediately thought of another dear friend of mine who is facing a tough situation. A situation that could go either way. No matter what the outcome she'll have to "stand on the promise that He will see her through." 

If you are reading this post and you knew me back in the days when I was "known" for my singing, you'd probably be surprised that I don't sing in public very often anymore. My nerves take over, I get all jumbly inside and panic sets in...its so weird coming from the girl who would have sung at the drop of a hat, anywhere - anytime, many years ago.

Its very rare that I sing in front of a crowd, much less on a public forum such as the this blog. But I feel certain that this may be an encouragement to my friend, and perhaps to you...its not the best performance I've ever had, but its from the heart.

So my friend, this is a gift for you. I know you love Ortega's music, and i love you. And I am praying that the situation this week is one in which we will throw our heads back in laughter and praise God for His goodness...but if it doesn't turn out that way, we will fall on the grace that brought us to Him, and praise Him still....


xo,
Kellie


8 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hmmm....I'm going to fix it! If you still can't see it would you let me know?

Tanya said...

I got the same private message. :( Praying for your friend!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Beautiful, Kellie, beautiful. Thank you for sharing that and for blessing my day.

Charity said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love that song and God has blessed you with a beautiful voice. Love you, friend!

Happy Wife said...

I think Rich Mullins actually wrote it (correct me if I am wrong here!)... love this song... Kellie... you are great - Origami one day and guitar solo the next! Love it! Thanks for your sweet rendition!

Cathy said...

Beautiful...

...voice.

...words.

...promises.

Laurie said...

Thank you for graciously sharing the gift of singing that you have been blessed with. Very soothing. I pray one day you will overcome the panic so that you can continue to share your God given gift.