Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Snapshots of the Week


I want with all my heart to sit down and tell you all about the events of the last several days but there are so many fun things to do today...and not much time to do it! So here are a few snapshots....


Last Friday I embarked on a trip to NYC. There were car rides, train rides, ferry rides, and strolling running through the city. We had adventure as we encountered loss of power on the Amtrak train, experienced the NYC subway system, and when my car wouldn't start on the way home and had to be jumped. Twice.

Those things added to the pleasure of touring lower Manhattan and fostering my ever-growing L-O-V-E for N-Y-C.

I love New York. I really do. I even bought the T-shirt so every one would know it.


And then I came home and had a baby.

Well, I didn't have a baby. But I was just as excited for this little one as I was my own (and I didn't have to go through labor.)

I was THRILLED that little Calvin didn't come while I was in NYC. He patiently waited and came right on time yesterday afternoon. Mom and babe are doing well.

When I left on Friday afternoon there were only a few small sign of spring. When I got home, it felt like all the world had exploded into blossom, ready and waiting for me.

Remember my little Amaryllis Bulb I planted 5 weeks ago?


Here she is in all her glory!


I managed to play a little in the garden this morning, but its time to clean up and go hug a baby. So I'll leave you with a few pictures and hope tomorrow finds me blogging properly!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!! Those flowers are beautiful! yay for little babies!!

Sandy said...

What fun!
Your amaryllis is beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

we just returned from NYC ourselves. It was quite a trip and I had to laugh when the street vendor said to my husband "you want I love NY T-shirt? I give good deal!" and my husband replied "No because I hate NY!" He's been in the country too long!

I have a most deserving blogger award for you over at my wordpress blog. Blessings! Beth (The Botut Blog)