Monday, March 07, 2011

For the Love of Calvin


I have had a great excuse for the lack of posting.

I was arms length in glitter.

I had the privilege to throw a baby shower this weekend.

Oh! it was fun.

When it ended and I had put away the last of the dishes I said to The Mister, "I love parties."

To which he calmly replied, "I know you do."

He's an introvert. He likes parties (he really does) but he likes them in small doses.

I could have a party every day.

I told him I felt so sorry for him; for all introverted people, really.

He told me not to. They like being by themselves.

Weird.

Anyway, there was a little food,

a little cake,

a little glitter,

a little rain,

...and a lotta love for a good friend.

It was a great day.

7 comments:

Tanya (In the Dailies) said...

You consistently make me smile. :)

Amy said...

Beautiful, and your friend is radiant!

Bevg said...

Every shower needs a bit of rain! Your guest is beautiful as well as your table, etc. Very lovely!

Laurie said...

The eggs are so EGGstravagant! I hope you'll share more close up shots. So crafty of you. How terrific of a friend you are to host such a special occasion.

Anonymous said...

ohhh love how these turned out (the eggs) and what an amazing shower!

Sandy said...

This turned out beautifully! What fun!
We are a pair like you & your man: my DH says that if it wasn't for me, he'd be a hermit. It's funny because when he's with others, he's very outgoing, but he says it drains him whereas it energizes me. So it's a balancing act for me to not "overbook" us, yet stay engaged.

Gretchen said...

Lurvely party for little Calvin. Precious name. And your friend looks amazing.

Did you make the runner? Darling.

I'm a total introvert/extrovert split. I lurve having a good time, but it must be balanced with lots of good novel reading or quilting, or some other such calming activity.