Monday, March 14, 2011

Brown Paper Packages... delivered by the FedEx Man

Go ahead and sing through My Favorite Things.

That's pretty much my list of favorite things. Except I'm fairly certain I've never had Schnitzel with noodles. But I like noodles, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

On Friday I received a package. From someone I didn't expect.

I was actually talking to my mom when the package arrived.
I adore packages. And even though it wasn't wrapped in brown paper and tied up in string, it was just as wonderful...something I've wanted for a long time: a new University of Arizona sweatshirt.
I cropped this photo in preservation of my no-make-up-just-home-from-the-gym self.
My brother, Fil, had remembered that I was hoping to get a new sweatshirt while I was there to help during my mom's surgery in January. Life was so moment-by-moment back then, that shopping was not high on my list of priorities.

He not only sent the gift, but wrote the nicest note too....


Honestly, the sweatshirt is nice (really nice!), but those words - some endearing, most meant for laughs - mean the world to me.

I've been wanting to write this post for some time...the one that talks about the two men in my life who happen to be my "little" brothers...but they aren't sappy people who like flowery words.
Fil, Kellie, Daniel
(photo by Silver E Photography)
They still poke fun at me (making fun of my nose, and teasing me incessantly,) and try to bully me (although now they can actually win), and think that they can boss me. But they are good people and I couldn't love them more.

I guess you could say they are two of my favorite things.

So, Fil, thank you for the sweatshirt and the kind words... When I get back home I will give you a proper thank-you punch in the arm with my sharp knuckles.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift! Love that picture of you with your "little" brothers :-)