Thursday, February 07, 2008

Inspiration


This morning I had a request from The Girl for cinnamon toast. The "real" kind. Which means she didn't want me to toast bread in the toaster and just sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over it.

She wanted me to make it under the broiler, so the cinnamon and sugar get all melted and bubbly.

MMmmm... I may have to have some too.

The smell of cinnamon makes me feel cozy, and inspires me to work with my hands. Be it baking or sewing. Today I am working with paper.

A few weeks ago I found this kit on sale for $12 at the craft store. I can't decide if I will give these away for Valentines Day, or if I will make these.

I am thinking that the ornaments are a bit more time consuming so I might put that on my list of things to make next year.

And since I am linking away, I would love to share with you this link I found. Well actually I saw this picture on the web while surfing through websites of my favorite fabric designers:

The designer of this amazing outfit is Sandi Henderson of Portabellopixie. Go check out her site. She really is quite talented.

Everything about that outfit inspires me to want to really learn how to sew. From the fabric to the design, it's feminine, flowery, and whimsical look is what inspires the "creative" in me.

Oh, and also sparkles. Nothing says "inspiration" like glitter.



Speaking of inspiration. Whenever I am in a creative mood I often think of Luke 12:27-30:

Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you,
God, the inventor of Creative, the author of beauty, is intricately and willingly involved in our lives. That inspires me.

What inspires you?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I visited Sandi's site. She IS talented---makes me want to learn how to sew. But who has time??!!

You're super talented too and I love seeing all your "stuff!"

TJ Wilson said...

ok, first of all, that outfit is darling. second, I'm thinking all your kids are in school... :)