I needn't say more.
But I will.
The Monday after a weeks worth of vacation is bigger than the average bear. Much more difficult to fight.
So for today's post I give you five random points.
1. I am officially fasting from Girl Scouts cookies. Actually, it will be easy. I think if I see another Thin Mint, I might hurl. And cookie season isn't quite half-way over. (As a side note: This aversion will pass. I have a long-time weakness for the Thin Mint, and my freezer is stocked.)
2. Tomorrow is Australia Day at Girl Scouts. I've been asked to bring my guitar and play Australian songs...So far I have Kookaburra and Waltzing Matilda (and can I just say I am so very glad for the internet? I've only known the chorus to that song, but as of this afternoon, I now know the verses (and tune!)) Caz, I would love your expertise here!
3. You may have noticed Gretchens beautiful raspberry hat in the pictures from Saturday. The CarpoolQueen made one here, and then made another as a welcome-to-NC gift for Gretchen.
Not wanting to be left out of the Cool Hat Club I decided to make one too.
4. I made that hat while listening to Leviticus on The Bible Experience CD's. If you hear nothing else, please hear this....The Bible Experience is awesome. We received this as a gift from my sister-in-law several years ago and I have used it at least once a week, both for personal listening and for homeschooling. If you are trying to read through the Bible in a Year and the book of Leviticus makes you want to stick a fork in your eye, the CD's a amazing....its worth the price just for Leviticus, but all the other books are so well done too!
So I got through Leviticus with a new hat to show for it...not a bad afternoon.
5. I mentioned that The Mister was in California last week for a work conference. Any time he goes away he will usually come home with a very large coffee cup for my collection. I look forward and anticipate this gift each time he comes home.
After he had been gone for five days, he walked in on Saturday night and handed me my present all wrapped with bubble wrap. He says, "It's not as big as I wanted it to be, but when I saw it I knew I had to get it... its given in all love and sincerity."
Still makes me giggle.