Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Laundry: It must be folded

Oh! that there was a little laundry fairy that would come to my house and neatly fold all the clothes that sit upon the couch!


I have a thousand and one things to do today-starting with the laundry and ending with a wedding.

No really, my cousin is getting married this evening and I cannot tell you how excited I am.

Mostly because on my Dad's side there are eleven first cousins. We haven't all been together, in one place, since my wedding over thirteen years ago. 

I am the oldest at 35.  The rest of the cousins are all in their 20's with the exception of the youngest who is eleven.

It's been fun to catch up with each other over email and bridal showers in the last several weeks. They are all so amazingly talented and grown up! I am always amazed by how much we all look alike!  

I look forward to visiting; celebrating a sweet time in the life of one of my cousins, and welcoming the groom into the family. It's going to be fun.

There is much to be done between now and then, but I didn't want to leave the blog unattended for another day.

I have a question for you...

What is your favorite part of a wedding?  Is it the processional? The cake? The first pronouncement as "husband and wife"? 

And if you don't have a favorite part of the wedding then what is your favorite wedding movie? This summer I have watched more wedding movies! Not on purpose, it just sort of worked out that way. So tell me, what is yours?

Mine is probably a toss up between The Wedding Planner and Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Happy Thursday!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hope you get everything done! My favorite part of the wedding is watching the couple depart from the reception.. Tim and I left on a my Dad's boat w/ a bunch of pool ties and rafts tied up behind the boat.

I really like 27 dresses.. Just saw that for the first time the other day.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

My favorite part of the wedding is the flowers, and maybe the music, and of course, the CAKE!

As for wedding movies, I love My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and My Best Friend's Wedding.

Kellie, I have twelve first cousins on my dad's side, and we all try to get together every fall for a football game in Arkansas. It's been pretty hit and miss over the years, but this fall, ten of the twelve are going to be there. I just booked my ticket last week (I'm going alone) and I'm SUPER excited to see everyone. I'm pretty much in the middle as far as age goes but we all just have the BEST time when we're together.

I love that you're getting to catch up with your fam this evening. I hope the wedding is beautiful!

Deidre said...

My favorite part of a wedding by far is when the doors swing open and the bride and groom are seeing each other for the first time. I love to look at their reactions to each other - priceless.

As for wedding movies - My Best Friend's Wedding and Father of the Bride.

Tiffani said...

Well, I guess this counts but really I think my fave part is the reception..you get to see the bride and groom really relax and watch them dance together..and watching them dance with their parents, let loose with their friends...it's great (I could totally be a wedding crasher)...

let's see movie wise...My Best Friend's Wedding, 27 Dresses, I haven't seen Made of Honor but I bet it will be a good one...I absolutely positively LOVE Mamma Mia!! What more could a girl want with singing AND a wedding???

Jackie said...

My absolute favorite part of a wedding is when the bride enters and the groom sees her. The tender look on his face always makes me BAWL like a big ol' baby.

I love My Best Friends Wedding and The Wedding Planner.

I am slightly jealous of all the cousins you have. I have 4. Total. Including both sides of the family. Sad, huh?

C D said...

Four Weddings & A Funeral -- despite Andie McDowell's wooden acting... My Big Fat Greek Wedding was pretty funny, too -- Runaway Bride -- The Sound of Music (what... it has a wedding scene ;-)

Michele said...

My favorite part of a wedding is watching the groom's face when he sees his bride for the first time - so sweet.

My all-time favorite wedding movie definitely is Father of the Bride.

Tanya said...

Favorite Wedding Movie: "Runaway Bride"

Favorite Part of the Wedding: dancing. Okay, this is part of the reception, but still, it's my favorite part.

Oh, and if you find a laundry fairy, see if she has a sister on the east coast looking for work. :)

stephanie j. said...

Weddings are so great! I don't have anymore unmarried relatives, save my three nephews, all under 16, and of course, my girlies! (But that'll be a while...)

My favorite part is definitely the pronoucement. It is so emotional for me!

I love the original Father of the Bride. The part where Spencer Tracy dreams about the floor of the church collapsing around him absolutely cracks me up.

I have to agree with c d, too: the Sound of Music has the most beautiful wedding evah!!! In fact, we used the wedding march from TSOM for our processional!

jen said...

My favorite part of a wedding is watching the groom's expression when he first sees his bride as she walks down the isle. What I think is really cool is that so often the look is one of relief - as if he is relieved that all of this craziness and hub-bub and insanity has been for good, relieved that *she* is finally there, and relieved that all is well because she is present and going to be his. It's always such a sweet moment!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

My favorite part of the wedding is always the reception -- my husband and I love to dance. As far as movies go, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, hands down. I'm not Greek, but I am Italian and I could totally relate! :)