Thursday, August 08, 2013

Blogiversary and Blueberries


Eight years ago on a hot day in July, I picked blueberries for the first time in my life.

Then I came home and started a blog.

For nearly seven years I wrote (almost) daily about the day to day life in the Little Yellow House on the Hill, and the people that live inside. You can go see that very first post by clicking--> Big Blogging Blueberry Day. I can't even believe how small The Girl is in the picture on that page. That was taken half her lifetime ago! The posts in the last year have been few and far between, but I can't quite give it up yet.

In some ways this post is the same.... Last week a new and dear friend gifted me with a bag of fresh picked blueberries. She lives on a beautiful farm at the edge of a lake, and grows fig and apple trees, a garden full of veg, and the largest blueberry bush I have ever seen.


I love being out on the farm where the kids and chickens run wild; the butterflies flit about from one flower to the other. It's quiet and peaceful. But what I love most of all is that this sweet friend is generous, more than happy to share.


My favorite recipe for blueberries is Blueberry Crumb Cake. The only thing I changed was I used Greek yogurt in place of the Sour Cream. And I put mine in a small cake pan, my round pan always causes overflow.

I'm celebrating eight years of southern living, blogging, and blueberry season. Let's eat cake.



2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Mmmmm. Thank you! So glad for your blog and stories about the little yellow house on a hill (and it's people and pets). xxxooo

Anonymous said...

So glad you started this blog 8 years ago. I like to think somehow God would have crossed our paths another way, but I think this was a sweet way to become friends. I am looking forward to visiting with you live and in person again one day. Happy Blogiversary, sweet friend!