Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Ladybug and Me

This summer we have had so much rain. And this week, without rhyme or reason, the temperatures dropped as if fall has chosen to come early. My garden is waterlogged, and there are hardwood trees in the neighborhood whose leaves decided to go ahead with the turning and falling. No shades of red, just green to yellow, then on the ground. Overnight.

My neighbor gifted me with a bouquet and they make my kitchen happy.  The hearty Hydrangea carries on, holding her own to the bitter end.

This morning I woke up and found a visitor had made a little home in my bouquet.


Even the ladybugs are confused. Normally they come in the cool of the fall, and again in the warmth of early spring. Poor little Ladybird, she doesn't know that next week will feel like August again.


We started school this week, with a light schedule.  I guess you could say this week we've been in for a penny. Next week, in for a pound. Full tilt. No more summer lounging and late nights. I'm grateful. The summer went by so quickly, but we had a lot of fun. I'm ready for quiet times in the house when I can keep order and the kids can study. I guess I'm like the ladybug: ready for cooler weather and being at home.

0 comments: