Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Strawberry Evening


When I was a little girl I had romantic ideas about North Carolina.  I never imagined I would live here one day.



As if the beauty of spring, with her cool air and blossom, wasn't enough, it's also strawberry time. 

It was the perfect evening for heading out to the farm and picking our fill. The cattle on the hill were eating their dinner and birds sang happy songs. The farmer and his wife were friendly and warm, and their kids played happily in the field. 

The setting sun dipped slowly behind the clouds keeping us shaded while the "work" was done.

Even the bees got our of our way as we plucked (and sometimes tasted) the fruit.




I took pictures...
...and picked a bunch too.


Occasionally... well, probably more than occasionally... I look at The Mister and think out loud, Can you believe we live here? Because sometimes I can't.

When I was a little girl I had romantic ideas about North Carolina, and so far, they've all been true.

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

Contented sigh. Here's to dreams realized.