Thursday, May 03, 2012

Take My Name In Vain Cookies


I'm sorry, but I must share this recipe with you.

You are probably going to take my name in vain when you eat them. But its worth it...

A friend of mine made these for our small group meeting a couple weeks ago. I didn't have one that night, but The Mister couldn't stop talking about how delicious they were. Luckily she shared her recipe. And I've been taking my wonderful husband's name in vain all week... no, not really. Well, maybe a little bit-- his ability to resist cookies is stronger than mine.

Here is the recipe:

1/2 c butter
1-1/2c sugar
1-1/2c brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 tsp baking soda
12 oz chocolate chips
6 c whole oats
18 oz peanut butter 
Cream 1st 6 ingredients together. Stir in , Chocolate Chips, PB, and oats.
Bake at 350 degrees until beginning to brown, about 12-14 minutes. Let cool a bit before transferring to wire rack. 

This makes a huge batch. I made large cookies (one fills a six-inch salad plate) and I got 38 cookies out of it.

They do puff up and spread out quite a bit while cooking so give them room on the sheet.

Enjoy!

xo

0 comments: