Friday, May 11, 2012

Thankful Things


1. School is OUT!! HOORAY! This next week will be a teacher/student work week as we clean up and organize the Little Yellow House on the Hill. I cannot wait to get this house back in order!

2. Sunshine after rain. The weather this week has been a bit gloomy. I was grateful for a bit of sunshine yesterday!

3. Dahlia's. This was the first year I planted these flowers and I cannot imagine my garden without them.

4. Flip-flop Flintstone feet. When I loaded this picture up I laughed out loud. I have the biggest, flattest feet ever, but I am not a huge fan of wearing shoes...I like to be bare foot. I'm so glad its time for flip flops and ....and pedicures.

5. Lessons from the garden.  "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice!" (Phil. 4:4) I don't know what it is about the violet that makes think about this verse. Perhaps its her happy little face in a jungle of green; or maybe because after the soaking of rain she just keeps-on-keepin'-on... but her purple-blue hues with contrast of yellow is joyful. And reminds me to be the same.


Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow dahlias are beautiful!! I was glad for the sunshine after all that rain this week!

Tanya said...

{Like} ;)

Also, our houses look quite similar from the outside!

Cindy said...

Love your post Kelli! Your flowers look beautiful!
Thanks for sharing!