Friday, February 24, 2012

Big, Brown, Bulky Scarf (that makes me happy)




Today it is nearly 75 degrees outside!

A great day to make a scarf!

Actually, this warm air is (apparently) the front-end teaser of cold weather predicted to visit the Carolinas. So it may still come in handy!

The good news is that this scarf is SUPER easy and quick to make. I know you want to make one too!

I used the Lion Brand Hometown USA super bulky weight yarn in Chocolate Brown, and a P (11.50mm) hook.

Chain 81

Row 1: single crochet in second chain from hook. Single crochet to end or row. (80 stitches). Chain one, turn

Row 2-8 (or until you run out of yarn to complete a full row) Single crochet, in back loop only, to end of row. Chain 1, turn.

Finish and work in ends at last row.

I worked in VERY loose stitches. Too tight and it won't have loose drape. This is a very bulky scarf but the length gives room too play with it and it is very warm.

I hope I get to wear my scarf at least one time before winter ends here in the Piney Woods, but until then I will go take a walk in the sunshine!

Happy Friday!


1 comments:

Gretchen said...

Even I can do that. And we might get snow this weekend. I'll send a pic if I make one. :)