Monday, October 17, 2011

Home and Happy

It's as if the last three weeks has been a whirlwind.

We had a great time visiting friends and family out west.

I got to visit with many of my desert peeps, but I wish I could have seen more...

Time has a way of going fast, in life and on vacation.

We ended our 16-day stay in Southern Arizona with a 40th anniversary celebration for my parents.

We spent the morning setting up tables in the courtyard and in the carport, and running around in general busyness. I was giddy with excitement.


The weather was perfect and I think everyone had a good time.

I did my best to make sure I harassed these two every chance I got...
These are my little brothers. Isn't' it funny how they keep getting older, but I just stay the same?  ;)

I miss 'em... my mom and dad, my brothers and their families. But I'm also glad to be home.

I was so worried I was going to miss the changing of seasons. It's silly, but true.

There is something profound about watching the world prepare to fall asleep. Its amazing to see the colors turn from green to orange and yellow and red... the colorful grand finale before a long and wintery rest.

I shouldn't have worried.

The Mister and I got up bright and early before church yesterday for a long walk through the woods.

The smells, the colors, the sounds... its October in the Piedmont, and it is beautiful.

Of course, I can't stay outside all day looking at leaves. The house is completely out of order, school is back in session, laundry is piled up, and I have a bunch of projects to finish. Namely this one:

My mom picked out four beautiful colors of pima cotton for a granny-square jacket I'm making for her birthday.... and I need to hurry. Her birthday is Thursday, which is sooner than i'll be finished.

The good news is that when I left Arizona it was 90 degrees outside, so she won't need it this week anyway.

Well, the laundry calls...

Happy Monday!


2 comments:

whimzie said...

It's nice to have more than one "home," isn't it?

Glad you made it back in time to see some color.

I've missed you around these blog parts.

Tracey said...

So glad you are home! Missed the blog posts, but loved following the updates on FB.