Monday, October 31, 2011

The Arrival of Fall

We finally turned on the heat. 

The Mister and I always play the "How long can we wait to turn on the Heat/AC?" at the beginning of every season.

Yesterday the Fall/Winter 2011 Thermostat Game came to screeching halt when we walked in the door from church at 1:00p. The downstairs thermostat read: 59 F.

I don't love being cold, but there are so many things I do love when the weather decides to turn...

I love sleeping under the heavy down comforter. I love lighting candles and wearing socks with slippers.

I love seeing the glittery frost on the grass and watching steam float from the pond.

And the trees? 
Amazing.

But perhaps, of all the things I love about cold weather, I love blankets the best...

They seem to be falling out of the linen closet one-by-one.  

Its probably a sickness, my love for blankets, but for the next five-months I'll likely be wrapped up in one... or eight.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim and I love to play that game as well! We got 3 inches of snow on Saturday!!!!! So ours was definitely on!

Christian Marie said...

Hi Kellie,

I have been reading your blog for a while and really appreciate the things you value and the way this comes across in your blog.

I also greatly admire your faith- an area I am committed to working on for myself, for my family.

Blessings to you and your family,

Christian

Joy for the Seasons said...

My girls love the "coziness" of this season! I admit I am loving it, to, even though I am definitely a 75 degree kind of gal. :)

Unknown said...

Christian Marie,

Thank you for the kind note. It is always an encouragement when someone lets me know that they are reading.

I always hope and pray that the work of the Lord in me can be a blessing to those around me, especially when I am unaware! I am praying the same for you in your commitment to deepen your faith...

Praying for you today!

Kellie

Unknown said...

Joy,

Me too... I am such a warm weather girl. I'm able to be fairly brave about winter until December 26th. But I have to try REALLY hard come January to find the good news in cold weather! Hope you have a great day!

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

We are blanket people around here, too. And it's finally getting to be blanket weather down here!