Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blessings

"Every hard duty that lies in your path, 
that you would rather not do,
that it will cost you pain and struggle or sore effort to do,
has a blessing in it.
Not to do it,
at whatever the cost,
is to miss the blessing."
-LB Cowman

I met with Providence this morning. 

I don't remember reading the quote, or what book it came from. I don't recall scribbling it on a note card. But there it was, written with purple ink in my scratchy script. Just waiting for this day, when I needed it most. 

The conversations I have, the boundaries I set, the help I ask for, the decisions I make ... every hard duty that lies on our path... in all these things... blessings.

The follow-up, and follow through; the starting strong and finishing well... blessings.

The hopes and dreams, and sometimes disappointment... even in the pain and struggle... blessings.

The happy, the sad... don't miss the blessings.

But, what do I do when sore-effort hinders, blinds my vision, tempts me to doubt? 

Believe in the One who promises blessings. For our good, and His glory.



"No eye can see,
no ear can hear,
no mind has imagined,
the things God has prepared 
for those who love Him"

-1 Cor. 2:9
(emphasis mine)

Yes, early this morning while the world was asleep, I met with Providence... and He opened my eyes to His blessings.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Thank you. xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Loved the post and the quote!!