Monday, December 06, 2010

Dabbling, Dilly-Dallying, and Frittering the Hours Away

Aren't those word in the title nice?

I'd much rather use those words to describe what I'm doing today than use the dreaded "P" word.

No, I just won't use that word at all.

Its been a lovely, albeit chilly, day.

If all goes according to plan, 168 hours from this moment I will be arriving at the Phoenix airport.

To say I'm excited would be gross understatement.

I cannot wait.

Of course, I am making a list and checking it twice: Clean house, wash laundry, call house-sitter, and a bunch of other silly stuff that must be accomplished before one travels.

Yet, I have managed to wander about doing a lot of everything and accomplishing nothing. Frittering, if you will. So the list never grows shorter.

You see, my problem is that I am hindered by excitement. This week alone holds two Christmas parties, two fun "play dates" with my friends, two basketball games, three days of school, our family Christmas celebration, and some other stuff that I can't seem to remember right now. Then I'll hop on a plane and see more people I love, who live where the weather will be a toasty 78 degrees.

I plan to bring home a tan for New Years Eve.

Of course, I don't know what I'll do with it when I get back home (its kind of silly to have a tan in winter clothing), but at least I'll have one. It may be the cheapest souvenir I can find.

Anyway, I'm worse than a child. Wandering about wondering what to do next, without really finishing the task at hand.

I do hope I finish this post. ;)

This season just makes me happy. So I'm (obviously) not worried about getting everything done. I work better under pressure. (Or at least thats what I like to tell myself.)

Hmmm....now let's see.... should I make candy, or address Christmas cards, or wash laundry...or...Oh wait, this looks interesting...

167....

;)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I normally work well under pressure as well, but lately, not so much. I can't get anything done! I love the word frittering-so appropriate. But it makes me think of the donut shop:)

p.s. I want a Christmas card!

Tracey said...

Hey, I started making the little purse last night. SO.MUCH.FUN! (except that my younger two are fussing about who gets the first one... :/)

Hope the next 100 hours goes quickly!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm so excited you get to go home for Christmas.

Until then, enjoy the dilly-dallying, dabbling, and frittering. Those are peaceful words.

Carpool Queen said...

Remind me NOT to get together with you in early January. Seeing other people's tans in the dead of winter might make me hostile :)