Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Joyful Noise: Family Style

There are two songs that will make me weepy every-single-time.

The Star Spangled Banner and Happy Birthday.

Why Happy Birthday?

I don't know.

Maybe its because birthdays (not just my own) are always filled with such hope: a new life, a new year, a new beginning.

Maybe its because birthdays remind me of the love I have for others - the love others have for me.

This year I did not cry. I laughed.

This year the serenade of Happy Birthday reminded me of the joy a family brings...we don't always sing on-key, but we love each other with all we have...I love them so.

PS: Ignore my scratching...it was Day Three without anti-histamines (more on that tomorrow)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

For those who can't see the video:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45596662@N05/5107494354/

Lisa said...

I always cry at the Star Spangled Banner too! Why? At baseball games or even when watching it on TV...

Hope you're doing well!

Amber said...

LOVE IT.

And love that you were ready to just cut the cake.

Always a priority here, too.

Lisa said...

Aw - so sweet!!

Carpool Queen said...

I kept waiting for the "cha cha cha".

At our house, you haven't been properly serenaded unless we've sung the Happy Birthday Cha-Cha-Cha song.

I'll get T to sing it for you next time we see you :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I think a nice touch would have been for you to have scratched at the "cha-cha-cha" part in between each line.

Just kidding.

That was super sweet. Happy belated birthday.