Monday, October 18, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend to Felicitous Fall Fiesta

Usually when my weekends are jam-packed its bittersweet. I enjoy all the activity, but it makes the weekend go so quickly.


This weekend I went to the State Fair, celebrated the end of the first quarter of school, went to two soccer games, sang at church, ate supper at a Pig Pickin', went to a two-hour Zumba-thon to help raise money for a family in our community, and... this is just the short list.

It was a good weekend...a funnel-cake sort of weekend...one that is good to have once (or twice) a year.

In contrast to last week's busyness, this morning I'm slowly sipping coffee contentedly. The Mister is home, the kids are sleeping in and I am sitting on the front side of seven more days without school or work.

Love. That.

Of course, this week won't be all sunshine and roses...I have to have a root canal, the start of a crown and a three hour visit to the allergist for testing, but, I also have a birthday to celebrate...and y'all know how I love a birthday.

Much like this post, my week has no big agenda. I hope to get into my office and finish up a few projects that are half finished so I can start something else. What are you doing this week?

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Your weekend sounds great!
Sorry about the root canal. My 12 yr old had one this summer and I felt so bad for her. I hope you get pampered a little bit. And, happy early birthday! :-)

Sami said...

Oh.my.yummy.goodness. I haven't had a funnel cake in so long!! And that looks so good!!!Glad you got to fit it in before the root canal :)

Carpool Queen said...

Funnel cake makes everything better, doesn't it?

Sandy said...

I'm probably the 1 in a million who doesn't like funnel cake (or any of the "offerings" @ the State Fair, foodwise). But it sounds like you had an awesome weekend!
And Happy Birthday!!
I'm resting up today after a wonderful week of having the kids with us in the mountains & doing lots of fun things.
I'm going biking tomorrow, DOWN a mountain.
I'm having friends (2 couples) come in on Thur. so planning on lots of talk, games, eating, & fun.
And somewhere in the mix, weeding, dusting, washing screens, etc. Whew, wears me out just thinking about it!

His Girl said...

what am I doing this week?

well, not having fair food, sadly...

but I get to attend two nights of celebration for a project I finished this year- and I have justified a fancy dress for the shindig! hooty hoo!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Our school district calls the week of Thanksgiving break our "Fall Break". I don't think that's quite accurate and am coveting your week off with your family. Sounds wonderful.