1. Its raining. Again. I am boycotting by getting back into my pajama's. I did shower and get my hair done, cause you never know when somebody will knock on your door. Even in the rain. Oh, and I also had to...
Thursday, April 02, 2009
2. Take Sophie to veterinarians office this morning. She's staying for the day getting the Bob Barker Treatment. I will have to pick her up this evening.
3. There is an upside to today's abundance of precipitation...no puppy training in the back yard under an umbrella, and then cleaning mud off paws that have no concept of getting the carpets muddy.
4. I plan on getting caught up today on the only television show I watch: Desperate Housewives. (If that sounds awful to you, pray for me.) I have missed the last three episodes. Thank goodness for online viewing!
5. I also plan to fold laundry while doing number 4.
6. We finally got the house in Arizona rented! It only took eight months but its finally done!
7. The kids had a math test this morning. Now they are working on History. They were told to find a comfortable spot to read their assignments (since its raining today I doubled their reading so they can have tomorrow off to play outside). This is The Girls chosen spot:
(its hard to get a good picture when its so dark outside)
8. Went to Sam's club last night. It was supposed to be a family affair, but The Boy suddenly came down with a stomach issue right before we left. So we switched gears and The Girl and I went to go buy a months worth of groceries. We shopped for 45 minutes, pushing our over-loaded, flat bed, shopping cart to the check out where we waited for ten minutes in line. Just as it was our turn The Girls stomach started to turn. We then spent 15 minutes in the Sam's Club bathroom. She managed to feel good enough for me to stand in line (again) for 10 minutes. It was an eventful evening.
9. Today everyone feels fine.
10. Oh! I have some links. Click over for some funny Starbucks etiquette lessons: Part One and Part Two. Cdub is my favorite barista. She is also the person who inspired me to blog. See started her blog The Biscuit way back in the day. She was cool before bloggers became cool. As a matter of fact, here is a little CoffeeGal Trivia...
11. My first blog was not La Vida Dulce. Almost 6 years ago I started a blog called My Blue Kitchen. But it wasn't the right time. I closed that up and a couple years later started La Vida Dulce...the rest is history. Been here almost four years!
12. Back to links....Are you a mom who feels discouraged? Are you a homeschooling mom who feels discouraged? Do you know a mom of young children who feels discouraged? Do you have a mom that feels discouraged? Go here...it will encourage.
13. Whew! If you are the praying sort you can pray for my nerves (and The Mister's safety) on Saturday morning. He has bought himself a power saw and is INTENT on taking down a dead tree in our yard. Its not as big as most of the Carolina pine that live on the lot, but its not a little sapling either. I don't plan to be here when he does it because I am supportive in that way. I don't doubt he can do it, but I don't doubt that its dangerous!
(I'll be unplugged tomorrow)