Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tamale Time: A day in pictures

7am: After cooking the meat in the crock all night I stumbled down the stairs to chop it up and give it some flavor. Notice that I do not yet have that First Morning Coffee look yet...










8am: G. grabs an apron and learns the finer points of masa making.













Next year she is going to make them and I am going to stay in bed.
















Do not miss the irony in this photo...although you cannot see the rest of this breakfast table, I am the ONLY one sitting at it making tamales. The hubby was upstairs resting from his eventful Friday (for another blog), the kids were outside (except when Austin stopped in to take this pic). Why is this ironic? Because I spent many years dissapearing during the rolling of the tamales. But at least I was on the phone.




And 2pm: The finished product!


La Vida Dulce!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH You make me sick! Your tamales look beautiful! Mine made us choke! Unexperienced Masamaker I guess...way tooo dry! It was too much work to do without girlfriends I don't know if I'll try it again next year or not!