Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hello Dahila


The week has been quiet in The Little Yellow House on the Hill.

Quiet is nice.

We are just plugging away at school. Trying with everything we've got to finish strong. The problem is, we're fried. We started school in July so we could take a few extra weeks for travel this year. This is the part when it gets hard: your almost done, but the motivation to finish is tough. I wish I could say this was only true for the students. But its tough for the teacher too. I'm ready to take off the "educator" hat for at least 6 weeks, and just be mom... but I must. press. on. Only five more weeks.


I haven't had a lot of time for creativeness lately, which makes me feel... weird. Going to have to figure out how to get into my office and soon. I made the butterflies last week out of embroidery floss, and now I need to decide how to use them. Pondering.

In other news the garden is beautiful. The Iris' are three feet tall....

The Daisies' are happy...

The Azalea's are going strong....

And the Dahlia's are making their entrance...

My heart is quiet, but it is full.
The Garden Heart - a gift made and given by my favorite 14 year old.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

That garden heart is sublime.

Lurve your garden. Seeing it makes me feel like I'm there, gushing over your flowers, and enjoying a nice cuppa coffee with you. And then we might craft and watch Matchmaker or T &T...or Dance Moms. xo

Kim said...

Love this post.