Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bloggers Block

I have started and re-started this post about ten times.

I may have a case of blogger-itis.

You know how it goes:

You haven't been posting as frequently, because you've been just trying to keep up with the fast pace of life.

You sit down to the computer half-heartedly. You have fifteen minutes until the timer goes off, letting you know that dinner is ready. It's Sunday night, you might not get another moment to sit down before next Friday.

You haven't really written about anything of great significance. You've already talked about your hair. 

You lost track of where you saw that great Meme that went around two weeks ago. But that would be old material by now anyhow. 

You already took a break. Made deeper commitments to post. You even tried pre-posting a weeks worth of blogging on the weekends.

You haven't complained about laundry, but with aroma of Thanksgiving still lingering in the air, it doesn't seem right to complain. 

So you sit. 

And look at the screen.

And pray for something relevant. Something funny. Something original to type. 

Yep. A severe case of blogger-itis.

Is there any cure?




8 comments:

Lindsay said...

If you find the cure please send me the prescription.. I am so with you!

Megan O. said...

I feel ya. My answer is just don't post 'til you want to (even if it takes a week and a half). Hmmm, maybe this is why I can't hang on to my readers? :) (I feel so silly even saying 'my readers' like I have this following or something)

Shannon said...

I like reading your blogs even when they are about how you don't know what to blog! LOL! :-)

stephanie j. said...

That's when I do a 10 things I'm most thankful for list...always lifts my spirits and gets the juices flowing!

meh said...

Since you asked, I do have some advice. Don't sweat the small stuff, because it is what it is, and God's timing is always perfect especially considering that time heals all wounds!!

Never mind, I have writers block today too. I have to get back to my laundry. (:

Tiffani said...

I know the feeling...but I'll be here no matter what you write about :)!! Words will come just keep living ;) you'll find something to tell us about!

Big hugs!

Gladys said...

Well you could write about the frickin frackin rattlesnake on my frickin frackin side walk. I did.

:)

Tanya said...

That's funny. I usually have more to write about when life is busy, then when I have time to sit down, I don't have any ideas. That's why I keep a notebook with me always. I can jot down ideas or clever epiphanies (righ - as if I have those!) when they come. Then, when I have time to write or blog, I just grab my notebook and tackle an item on the list.

Also, I'm a no-guilt blogger. I used to feel guilty if ever I went too long without posting, but that just made this feel more like a job than a hobby. Like someone else said, don't sweat it.