Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Procrastination

Tomorrow I am leaving for a much anticipated trip.

You'd think I would be excited to get ready to go...and truly, I am.

And yet I keep finding silly useless things to do (not that blogging is silly and useless)...I keep calling all my friends (of whom I am about to see) over and over again so that I can waste their precious time as well.

When it comes to packing...I am the queen of procrastinators! The only thing worse than packing is unpacking!

Truth be told I have gotten a few things done. I have packed my toiletries bag so as to make sure I look, and most importantly smell, good while being guests in the homes of friends. I have also taken care of unsightly facial which, in all honesty was becoming quite a problem. This endeavor took up quite a bit of time especially since recently I have had to include the chin.

I also packed 6 pairs of shoes...you know sandals, casual, running, dress and of course flip flops. One extra pair of red shoes...just in case. Seven if you include slippers. I contemplated others but since this is a short trip (and I might buy a pair of shoes while I am there) I thought this would be sufficient. Of course, I could always change my mind.

I have eaten an apple. And a handful of granola. I've called my mother. I've laid out more clothes on my bed than I could possible need for a little trip. I have reloaded my MP3. I got the mail.

Now I must go pack my bag and get ready.

I may not have the opportunity to blog in the next few days. (Maybe on Thursday for a bit of an update) Until then...

The stars at night are big and bright...

(clap, clap, clap, clap)

Deep in the heart of Texas!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Okay that wasn't even remotely vague!

Unknown said...

i Know,I know...I got excited. Could you tell by the typos?