Thursday, July 14, 2005


I am showing my pearly whites today. Went to the dentist and got them all cleaned up and....drum roll cavities!! For some of you "lucky-toothed" people this will seem incredibly silly...but for those of you who know me and my "dental woes" you know that this is a huge deal! I finally have the "issues", as the dentist would say, resolved, so just for fun I am going to go and get an old filling replaced in September....I thought going 6 months without Novocaine might be like quitting cold turkey so I made an appointment. It's a win-win situation, I get to replace an ugly old silver filling with a pretty new "tooth colored" one, and my dentist gets to take the whole month of August off for vacation to the Bahamas.

So today I might even say that today I have a bird on my finger, except I am feeling a bit like the Cheshire Cat...

I do have to say that I am starting to feel Dental Hygienist was VERY young. She had just graduated this year and this was her first full time job, and she was getting married in September. When I told her I had been married for ten years she gave me that "holy cow" look and then gently tried to brush it off by saying "That's cool!". This happened last month when I got established with a new doc here in town. She was definitely my age or a bit younger...scary.

The only thing that makes me feel better is that my parents will be celebrating there 34 wedding anniversary tomorrow. Now that's old!!! (Hi Dad!)




carrie said...

i have a bird on my finger, however that bird seems to have some serious GI issues as of late...