Thursday, June 20, 2013

VBS Preparation



The Boy and I are co-teaching at VBS next week. We spent the morning trying to get organized and prepared for a week of fun!

I love that we get to teach the same lesson and craft each day, which makes it easier to plan, and gives us the opportunity to meet all the elementary aged kids participating. The theme of the week is the Armor of God and our lesson is all about the Breastplate of Righteousness and the Shoes of Peace.

Of course, I love a good craft, so we are gonna "forge" some iron (aluminum foil) and make shield hangers to remind them to protect their heart's by following God's lead. The picture above is just a mock up, the "real" project will be a bit more colorful (and have less scotch tape!)

The Boy made a puppet for his part of our lesson.

 I love his little heart...
... and his little (tin foil) breastplate.

Part 1 of our lesson requires a puppet, so he will play that part. He will also lead Part 2 of the study which is a lesson on the Shoes of Peace. It will be his first time teaching... I think he's gonna do great!

This will be the first time I have volunteered at VBS since we lived in Texas.  The Girl is also volunteering, so it will be great to work along side her too. I can't believe my kiddos are old enough to teach and volunteer with me. It's going to be an awesome week!

0 comments: