Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP Wendnesday: Dahlia Two

This week I am officially back into obsessive crafting mode.

I haven't written much about the last 6 weeks, but the truth is I had a rough patch with my health. The good news is that I am BACK! And what's better is that my creative mojo is back too!

I was able to finish a few projects that I wanted to complete and now I am elbow deep into a new WIP (work-in-process.)

I'm calling her Dahlia Two.


I found this Dahlia square as a free .pdf on Ravelry and fell in love. You can find it HERE.

I was so enamored by it that I immediately picked up some yarn purchased nearly a year ago and began hooking away. After a few adjustments (I had to go down a size of the recommended hook) I was soon dreaming of a little lap throw that would make someone happy. I won't be keeping this piece, and having the recipient in mind while I busily work the hook makes the creative process just that more sweet.

In the past I haven't been fond of piecing together squares, but something "clicked" when I put together my last afghan (a different kind of Dahlia Throw) and now I'm headlong into this new square hook up.

 This time I will be using this tutorial, Flat Braid Square Join, to bring everything together.  I have read through this tutorial three times and it is a well done tutorial with pictures.

Can't wait to see how everything turns out.

I am so grateful for the gifts of creativity and for feeling back to my old self!

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

So glad you're feeling back to your old self. <3. Wish I was there, obsessively crafting, too. Equal parts your inspiration, and the fact that I'm unearthing some of quilt and scrap land means that I'm re-introducing myself to my friend, Granny Square. I have some down time at an appt for the boy today, so I'll be hooking. Er...you know what I mean. :)

Kim said...

This post makes me smile.

Tracey said...

I am so sorry you've been not feeling well!

I'm trying very hard to get my crafty back..no motivation..too much on the 'school prep' list..bleh.

I love this pattern..and I'm glad you are back to your healthy self!

<3