Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What Time Is It? SUMMERTIME!!

Today is the day.

The last day of school at the La Vida Academy.

Yesterday as the kids took their final exams I started to pick up my (teacher) desk and get curriculum put away.. it felt so good to close down the shop.

Tonight we have our last co-op class of the year. Then I will scoot out to the closing ceremonies for Girl Scouts.

This weekend is the piano recital and then the swim season begins on Monday.

My favorite time of year!

What plans do I have for the summer.

Well, I plan to spend a good chunk of time in my office/studio. My friend Becky and I are planning a Christmas in July June sale. I have a ton of stuff I have made, and placed on a shelf. Crochet, fabric, jewelry, painting...its all going up for sale. And Becky, an amazing crafter and sewer (who is a lot more humble than I, and doesn't brag about her craftiness) will also be pawning her wares.

We plan to make it Open House style...with coffee, tea and cupcakes.

More details to come!

I would also really like to finish the quilt I started, as well as the afghan. Both are for my room. Both are at the halfway mark. I have a feeling the afghan may be a fall project. It's a little too cozy to sit under all that yarn right now.

While I am talking about blankets, I think I may have an obsession. I found this chenille blanket at an antique shop a couple weeks ago.


It's amazing. Beautiful. Nearly perfect.

I have no idea what to do with it. 

Any ideas?

The Mister said it looks like an old-lady blanket... but I love it. I think....

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo for the last day!! Can't wait to see all your craftiness that you create this summer!!

Allison@Slice of Heaven said...

Kellie,

I have missed ya! Life with 3 little ones (one of which has had some special needs since birth), so I have not been the best about blog hopping and commenting. But, I am back and really trying hard to stop by some old favorites and get back into the swing of things.

I have a new blog address....same blog, new digs! www.scoopofreality.com (no longer with blogger).

Also, I am doing a charity project on my blog to benefit 2 great causes. I hope you'll stop by! http://scoopofreality.com/2011/05/operation-comment-operation-smile/

Kim said...

YEAH!!!! Schools OUT!!! for you at least :) I am so excited for you! The end is in sight here to....we finish next Friday....A.L.M.O.S.T.....D.O.N.E!!

So excited about your Christmas in June sale too! I will definitely be stopping by!

See you at the POOL!!!!

Sara said...

Wish I could be there for the craft sale. Are you sure you can't wait until July! I'd love to see everything. I think we might go to the pool with Elisa at some point, so hopefully we'll see you there.

whimzie said...

I love the old lady blanket. Could it be used as a table cover? Or on top of an armoire with a basket? Let us know how you end up using it.